Oct 18, 2012
"Hope Ya Know, I'm Having a Hard Time"...
...Sometimes as I pray to my Father in Heaven, some version of this phrase is blurted from my mouth. Not daily, but on the particularly rough days. He doesn't need me to tell Him, though. I believe that He knows my heart. He knows I'm struggling long before I tell Him myself.
I also believe that these "hard times" are essential to my growth. For some reason I have to learn some of my hardest life lessons through loss.
People tell me all the time that they couldn't go through what I've gone through. I promise you that isn't true. If you asked me three years ago, I would have told you, "I could never go through that" too. I am not special. My trial is not easier or harder than yours. I am not more faithful. I am not better or stronger. I'm just different. God asks different things from each of us because we learn and grow in different ways. We could not learn what we needed to learn if we all had the same experiences.
I'm a total sucker for these "Mormon Messages" videos. They make me cry. Especially when the speaker has a message that's particularly relevant to my situation. But THIS video (it's short, like 3 1/2 minutes) not only made me cry, but motivated me to be a better disciple of my Savior Jesus Christ.
I have resolved to trust my Savior and to look to Him to help me through my pain, through my sorrow, and through my grief. He understands me. I'm so grateful for Him and the sacrifice He made so that I can have that companionship here on Earth and throughout the eternities!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
these make me cry too . . every time! i will always remember that talk, it's one of my all time favorites:) it was one that got me through losing my mom not so long ago. one that helps you through the hard times :) did i see somewhere that you are moving to arizona? i hope you are doing well. best of luck to you, and keep hanging in there no matter what
ReplyDeleteI'm a friend of your sister Crystal.
ReplyDeleteI can't say I know your pain and grief, but I can understand some of how you feel about people telling you they could never go through your trials. When my child was 3 1/2 months old he was in the hospital with bacterial meningitis. Through that horrible time, I was brought low to the point of accepting and praying to Heavenly Father that if it was His will, He could take my child Home. At that time, I understood that people aren't necessarily given hard trials such as these *because* they are so strong to be able to handle it. We are *made strong* through these experiences. We go through them and live through them because we have to, not because we feel we are being strong in doing so. Somehow we get through it, and as we do, we indeed get stronger through Christ which strengthens us.
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
My child did survive, but that time spent in the hospital and recovering at home sure taught me some things about how we all have trials that are designed specifically for us to strengthen us and perfect us in the ways we need it individually. My thoughts and prayers go to you.