First, the good stuff. I've always gained exactly the amount of weight I'm supposed to during my pregnancies. This time around, however, I was really sick so I lost a bunch in the first trimester and have had trouble gaining it back. Finally, at 21 weeks, I'm proud to be putting on weight at kind of an insane pace and officially weigh the most I've ever weighed in my life. Here are the pictures to prove it:
I know it's hard to tell, but these pictures represent a 7 lb weight gain and the difference of about 1 1/2 inches around my belly. Also, babies Lytle are finally moving consistently, easing my anxiety and reassuring me that they're there. :)
Now, the non-good part. While I was in Utah this last week I had some problems with bleeding and cramping that landed me on the OB unit at Utah Valley Regional in Provo for a few hours. They didn't do a whole lot except check babies heartbeats and check my cervix. Babies looked good, but my cervix was open a fingertip. Also, I had some bacteria in my urine, so they gave me a single dose of antibiotics and sent me home to take it easy and to follow up with my doc in AZ. Only thing is: my doc couldn't see me for two weeks.
When I got home on Saturday, I was having menstrual-like cramping again along with more bleeding. So, I landed in an OB triage unit here in Chandler for another check-up. This time, they did a cervical length that showed my cervix had shortened almost 1 cm in the last 4 weeks. That wasn't a big deal, because it's still long like it should be. But they did decide that I definitely had a UTI that was causing all my problems, so now I'm doing a whole week of antibiotics. I'm feeling a lot better and I'm so glad our little ones are doing well.
![]() |
| Chandler Regional Medical |


.jpeg)
I'm glad to hear you are doing well!!! We have been praying fervently for you and the health of your babies and we're so excited for both of you!!!
ReplyDeleteWhitney, I'm so excited for you and Evan and am glad to hear the babies are doing well. I get chronic UTI's during pregnancy and it landed me on bed rest with Nathan because I had so much cervical change. With this one I am doing daily doses of cranberry pills and so far after starting them I haven't gotten a single UTI. I hope this helps, they can be a bugger.
ReplyDeleteBless your heart! I would have been so scared. I'm glad everything worked out and they are getting you fixed up and taken care of. We think of your family often and keep you in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteYou do not know me but someone sent me a link to your blog. I think they came upon it accidentally as she was reading your story of your two sweet angles she thought of me. I have been in a similar situation. After 2 complicated pregnancies resulting in healthy babies I lost my sweet son at 20 weeks I have also had 7 mc ranging from week 4-week 12. At first they told me the loss was a result from a cord death but due to the high number of mc there might be something else going on. I have since been told I have MTHFR. With my last pregnancy they gave me crazy amounts of folic acid and for once I had a easier pregnancy with a healthy baby at the end. If you would like to talk ever my blog is dtstaheli.blogspot.com and my name is Tami. I hope this pregnancy is easier on you and everything goes well.
ReplyDelete