They told me that they picked 8 women in the ward that exemplified each of the young women values: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. I about cried! These young women are so inspiring to me. They live in a town where members of our church are grossly outnumbered (which, being from Utah, I'm not used to). Members of the community don't know a lot about our church and some of the things they know are incorrect. But, these youth go to school, serve/work in the community, and uphold the standards of the church and live the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I'm definitely not writing this post to brag. This experience was a reminder to me that we can have a powerful influence on those around us when we're trying to live righteously.
I'm only just starting to get back to my normal self after Kayden's death. It's been a long 7 months and I'm feeling better everyday. It would be easier to throw my hands up and wave the white flag; just be done trying and give up. But these girls gave me courage to keep going, to keep trying. I want the people around me to know that I believe in Jesus Christ.
The following song reminds me that our Heavenly Father is in control; that His plan is in effect in every aspect of our lives:
"What's mine is yours"- even my Scotlin and Kayden.
I love this idea for an activity...I might have to steal it! I agree with them too, you are an amazing example of faith. I love you!!
ReplyDeleteWhit- I was just getting updated on your blog and read your post on MTHFR. I know NOTHING about MTHFR but wanted to share some info with you- it might be useless so take it or leave it... I sometimes see a chiropractor in Draper, Utah- Dr. Allen. He specializes in allergies (he calls sensitivities). He can test to see what you are 'sensitive' too then desensitizes you to it. (ie: My body had a hard time processing iron and it always made me sick so he desensitized me to it.) He also sells natural vitamins that your body processes easier (Some ingredients in my folic acid vitamin are carrot root, wheat germ, oat flour, etc.). You can buy them online- It's the Standard Process brand. I know it sounds a little crazy! You definitely have to have an open mind and be okay with unconventional medicine. I know you don't live in Utah so you could try going to him when you come visit or try to find a chiropractor similar to him where you live. Like I said, I don't know anything about MTHFR so I could be way off. Just wanted to let you know about a potential other option! Good luck with everything!!
ReplyDelete-Whitney Beck Ferry